1. How did you become a trail runner?
Well I’ve always loved exploring the trail. I have memories as a kid with my friend Mike running the trails… Exploring and trying to find new places, I think it is instinctive , we just lose the focus as we get older. Just in the last few years I’ve reignited that passion I’ve always had.
2. What is your favorite trail?
The trail I run the most is Jonathan Dickinson State Park, but I have to say I really enjoyed pine mountain Georgia and put it in my top trail experiences
3. What is your favorite trail running gear? (ex: Shoes, Hydration pack, headlamp,socks)
I always use calf sleeves (started using these originally to reduce the scrapes) favorite running shoe currently is the new balance 890V4, I prefer a light weight neutral shoe . I always wear a hydration pack ,my salomon is my favorite… Although I have a Ultimate Direction pack on the way and am excited to try it out . Current sock of choice are Features , they’re a nice fitted thin sock that wicks moisture nicely.
4. What is your longest distance you have done in a trail?
100 mile is the longest race I’ve done on trail , Lost 118 ( 118 miles) is my longest over all distance.
5. What do you take with you on your long runs? (ex: gels,fruits, snacks, salt tabs)
mostly granola bars like Kind bars and things like that …